Friday, March 28, 2008

Accepted- angenommen

Mein Quilt Scraparadise wurde angenommen und wird Anfang Mai in den Niederlanden ausgestellt.

Weil ich nicht so überzeugt war wie Ihr, hat er jetzt ein bisschen Brutzeit hinter sich.

Dann will ich mal an ihm weiterarbeiten...........



My quilt Scraparadise has been accepted and will be shown at the Open European Quiltchampionships in the Netherlands in May.
I know of your many kind comments that you were convinced........ I was not so sure ......
Let's get the border done and get it quilted.




It's another Ufo friday and I finished my most ugh socks in the morning when the others were still asleep and our house was quiet.
Only the cats and me knitting.
The socks, Jaywalkers by Grumperina in Regia Kaffe Fassett landscape twilight aren't that bad, but the process I got through to get them done ..........
They were on my needles since July.
The first one was finished in a breeze- and didn't fit. Okay it showcased the yarn, but I lost every motivation to get started on the second one.
The finish- what- you- have- month February made me look at my UFO pile more attentive and after seriously considering frogging I knit the second one with a short row heel, frooged the first one to the leg and after the short row heel I put both on two circulars and knit them both to the very end.
Now I know that the original jaywalker is not MY pattern.
But there are so many others which I do not have to modify so much to fit.
Last year when I started sock knitting I did not think about a perfect fit but after several pairs and a long and wet winter I love to wear them and that is a good reason to make some more, isn't it?

On Wednesday came a pink packet with three skeins of lovely Posh Yarn. They reside in my knitting corner and will be petted regularly until I dare to wind them in balls.
So I had to chose the new socks' yarn from stash and got a lovely Regia silk in ivory which will have a lace panel on the front and plain stockinette all around.
Something rather mindless and not prone to second sock syndrome because I started on two circulars, no dropping needles, no clinging in the sleeves of my pullover.
Well I wonder why I didn't start doing this earlier. It's so comfortable, but better with using two skeins.




Heute ist wieder UFO-Freitag und so habe ich in aller Stille als alle noch schliefen meine allerfürchterlichsten Socken fertig gestrickt. Unter Aufsicht der Kater, die ihr Frühstück verlangten.
Fürchterlich sind die Socken selbst nicht, es sind die oben abgebildeten Jaywalker von Grumperina in Regia Kaffe Fassett landscape twilight nur ihr Entstehungsprozess hat mich Nerven gekostet, waren sie doch seit Juli in Arbeit.
Der erste Socken ließ sich sehr schnell stricken und passte.............nicht.
Nicht gerade eine Motivationshilfe den zweiten anzufangen. Wenigstens das Garn kam gut rüber!
Als ich im Februar unter dem Motto "Fertigmachen" mal meinen Korb mit Strickufos in Augenschein nahm, habe ich den zweiten Socken angefangen und ihm sofort eine Bumerangferse verpasst, das Fußteil blieb aber zu weit, so ribbelte ich Nr.1 auf, gönnte ihm auch eine neue Ferse und strickte beide von dort aus mit einigen Änderungen für eine gute Passform, um die ich mir letztes Jahr als ich mit dem Sockenstricken angefangen habe noch keine Gedanken gemacht habe auf zwei Rundstricknadeln fertig.
Warum habe ich das eigentlich noch nicht vorher gemacht?
Das ist ja super bequem!
Keine herabfallenden Nadeln, nichts rutscht mehr mal eben runter,es lässt sich besser verstauen, man bleibt nicht dauernd im Pulloverärmel hängen und die zweite Socke wird gleich mitgestrickt.

Am Mittwoch ist ein pinkfarbenes Päckchen mit drei Strängen Posh Garn für weitere Socken gekommen. Die muss ich in der Strickecke noch ein bisschen hüten, bevor ich sie wickeln und anstricken kann.
Solange stricke ich aus meinem Vorrat.
Deshalb sind jetzt zwei Knäuel elfenbeinfarbene Regia Silk dran und sollen Lochmuster- Socken werden, denn seit diesem naßkalten Winter habe ich mich ans (selbstgestrickte)Sockentragen gewöhnt.
A propos nasskalt:
Hier noch eine Dosis Hot Pink, Hot Lime und viel kühles Türkis aus Jane Sassamans Hothouse Garden Kollektion.
Hilft sofort gegen Winterblässe und- depri und ist ab jetzt als neues Produkt
Trio und Trio Plus so und vielen anderen anregenden Stoffzusammenstellungen zu bekommen.
In diesen Mengen 3x 30 cm und 3x 50 cm ist eine Überdosierung an Farbe unwahrscheinlich und der frühlingsfrische Farbkleks doch erschwinglich.



Hot Pink, hot lime and cool turquoise: Think spring!
To fight winter's paleness and depression I will introduce you to a new product of my shop which is called Trio and Trio plus
to inspire you to new spring and summer projects with all the yummy new fabrics which are now in stock.
With 3x 30cm or 3x 50 cm there is no fear to overdose :)

6 comments:

Anina said...

Congratulations! I visited your Flickr photos and your quilts are stunning! They should all be in shows.

Lisa Boyer said...

Congratulations! You deserve it--your quilt is stunning!

My Jaywalkers take a little extra "tug" to get on, but they fit okay and they stay up, which is unusual. The colors in your Jaywalkers are amazing--they are pretty, so I'm glad you finally got them to fit!

jacquie said...

Congratulations! That is great news. People are going to love seeing that quilt!

Anonymous said...

Well done, Christiane! It's such a lovely quilt!

Tine said...

Congratulations on the quilt! That is so exciting! I'm not surprised, though, it's a beautiful quilt.....

The Calico Cat said...

Congrats!