Monday, March 03, 2008

Quiltathlon II

Short Update and Photo (I stood on my swivel chair and got my finger clamped, please extra credits:):



Today was time to press the blocks I have sewn on saturday and sunday, to lay them out and take some photos to controll the arrangement.
Now the blocks are waiting on a pile, row by row, next to my sewing machine but I am definitely minded to work on another project first, something very very colourful after those vintage softies.
okay we'll see what's next & bold in my UFO pile.


Time to fill in all those non English readers!




Hier eine kurze Zusammenfassung des Wochenendes:
Judy hat ein Quiltathlon, eine Art Miteinander- Quilt- Aktion im WWW organisiert. Dabei konnte jede Teilnehmerin soviel nähen und arbeiten, wie sie wollte und hat die Zwischenstände per blog und Bilder als Motivationshilfe für die anderen zur Verfügung gestellt.
Natürlich war damit zu rechnen, dass die Pläne von allem möglichen durchkreuzt werden konnten, aber wir haben uns alle bemüht und jede Menge geschafft und wieder eine Menge nette neue Quilter und ihre blogs kennengelernt.

Das nächste Quiltathlon findet diesmal an einem Wochentag statt: 18.03.2008

Wie man an dem neuen Icon/Zeichen in der Sidebar/ auf dem Seitenstreifen des blogs erkennt, habe ich mir vorgenommen, an der Dear Baby Jane Aktion von Anina mitzumachen
um bei meinem vor grauer Urzeit angefangenen Dear Jane Quilt richtig in Schwung und weiter zu kommen als die drei Blöcke, die ich damals genäht habe.
Stoffe aus Repro-Sammelzeiten stehen hier schon.

On the sidebar you can see a new icon ot the Dear Baby Jane-blog set up by dear Anina who will guide us towards the goal of sewing some lovely DJ blocks together. I hope I will do better as in former times when I managed to sew 3! no more. It could'nt get worse:)
Repro fabrics are already waiting for the first block. This will be a stash busting effort, notify me. No new fabric but use- what- you- have. It's just finding the perfect project for your stash, lol.

What 's on the plate for this week:

Was die Woche noch so ansteht:

Buchbesprechung -ich habe wieder interessante Neuerscheinungen aus den Sparten Quilt und Strick/Häkeln
reviews of my new craft books crochet knitting and quilting

Stricken bei Strucks am Donnerstag ab 19.30Uhr
Knitnite on thursday starting at 7.30 p.m.

zwei weitere Schnittmuster als pdf-Downloads
two more quilt patterns to download

und last but not least:
mein Oster-Spezial
Vom 4.03.bis 23.03/ Ostern eingehende Bestellungen ab 25€ bekommen eine Anleitung für das Osterei zugeschickt.

My Easter Special
every order over 25 € made in the time fom 03/04/2008 to Easter sunday will get a pattern of the egg per mail/pdf.

2 comments:

jacquie said...

Oh my goodness, you were productive during the quilt-a-thon. This churn dash quilt is simply gorgeous. I just received my order of "Swell" in the mail. Haven't decided what to make from it. I just love the "feeling" of that fabric.

Anina said...

I'm going to have to participate in the next quilt-a-thon. Everyone got SO much done!