Sunday, March 02, 2008

Quiltathlon



This is what I had in mind last week, I had to cut those vintage dots and roses of Moda's new line "Swell" and with some Kona Cotton snow and Spots in duck egg from Westminster and a lot of scraps from my basket some churn dashes evolved.
A stash buster for old and new fabrics with a very vintage nursery feel.



For this weekend I am participating at the Quiltathlon hosted by Judy.
I am working on the churn dashes quilt as my next charm quilt pattern and class with two charm packs of "Swell".

A short notice on my plans for today after church service:

I have 13 robin egg blue blocks already- 2 more to go- and 4 white ones with 11 to sew.
Happy sewing!



Update at 8 p.m.:
Finally all 13 blocks are sewn.
Thank you Judy for hosting this Quiltathlon, what a great idea!
I got a lot done even if I had to take a nap in the afternoon, because I could not rest easily during the last two stormy nights, and piecing needed way more concentration as I had to offer after some additional issues with people between 14 and 16 alias teens who not always have the same ideas in mind their parents wish they should have. Family life in the middle of puberty.....................

Tommorrow I will take some photos of my blocks.

Gone knitting!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Love the colors! The red and baby blue are just so wonderful together.

Deb said...

Those blocks are gorgeous! I must check out that line on my trip next week.