Thursday, December 20, 2007

Frost



Kein Wunder, dass die Kater heute Nacht lieber drinnen blieben, heute morgen war alles mit einer glitzernden Schicht Rauhreif bedeckt.



Both Cats decided to stay at home this night. No wonder!

The fennel in the raised flower bed and everything else in our yard was coated with ice crystals.
Beautifully frosted! Perfect for a photo shooting with Lotta Joe modeling my new peach cardi made of super bulky yarn Gedifra Super Gigante twin and Kashmir dk as decor on the edges.




Ideal für eine Fotosession mit Lotta -Joe und meinem neuen Strickoberteil "Peach Frost"


Der Schnitt kam mit der Materialpackung von Gedifra. Den dort vorgeschlagenen Häkelkragen habe ich durch eine angestrickte Kordel aus Kashmir dk in pfirsich ersetzt, mit dem ich die Seitennähte der Teile auch zusammengehäkelt habe.
Um die Kanten zu verstärken habe ich sie mit drei Fäden Kashmir dk in pfirsich und Häkelnadel 10 mm und einer Reihe fester Maschen umhäkelt.



I modified the pattern from Gedifra which had a crocheted collar made with a 20 mm hook, ugh! So I chose to add an i-cord bindoff with three strands of the Kashmir dk
in peach I used to crochet the side seams to reduce some bulk.
The metall closure which came with the kit is pretty but a danger to the knit. I love it to be more practical and knitted an icord for both sides as closure. It is adjusted to the side seams which are really strong and more durable with their crocheted edge.




Peach is a perfect match to snow white and chocolate brown. Not to forget dark grey.
Now you know what will be in my luggage for the holidays which we will spend on Foehr. Eventually I will take some yarn with me for another tilted duster in grey, a Juliet in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino superchunky and some poor individual skeins of Rowan Pur Wool dk for more pairs of Fetching and all the UFOs of KSH and Malabrigo Lace yarn I started meanwhile .




Pfirsichfarben passt ausgezeichnet zu naturweiß und schokobraun, nicht zu vergessen auch anthrazitgrau.
Jetzt wisst ihr schon was in meinem Reisegepäck sein wird.
Wir werden dieses Jahr die Feiertage wieder auf Föhr verbringen, deshalb bleibt die Versandabteilung des Shops vom 22.12.07 bis zum 5.01 2007 einschließlich zu.
Im Laden wird sich wie immer etwas tun, schließlich kommen im Neuen Jahr die neuen Westminster Stoffe von Kaffe Fassett und Philipp Jacobs und die schönen neuen Sommergarne von Gedifra und Rowan.
Außerdem habe ich diesmal wieder einige Wolle im Gepäck, damit die Hände in den gemütliche Teestunden etwas zu tun haben.
Geplant sind: der Granit Tilted Duster aus Gedifra Fashion Trend Surprise in grau weiß, Juliet in DB Cashmerino superchunky orange und etliche Einzelknäuel Rowan Pure wool dk für weitere Fetching- fingerlose Handschuhe. Natürlich nehme ich auch meine Ufos aus Kid Silk Haze/Ice Queen und die angefangene Hanami Stole aus Malabrigo Lacegarn mit. Irgendwas wird fertig...................

2 comments:

picperfic said...

I really like the look of that cardigan and your modifications look great. I have some bulky yarn which I love but I am a bit worried about knitting myself a garment from it because I worry that it might make me look fatter!

Amanda Jean said...

beautiful! I love the color and the style. nice job!